Adaptable House - model configuration
A Feasibility study - Concept for components, buildings and business models creating more value for customers and producers
Adaptable House is a Nordic Project funded by NICE, the Nordic Innovation Center. The ambition is to provide the Nordic building component industry a competitive advantage though invention of free market, life cycle adaptable industrialized building technology. These new products should be so functionally and emotionally attractive that consumers will prefer them for other reasons than construction cost and yet minimize life cycle. The goal is reached through mass customization and user centered innovation utilize knowledge among consumers and lead users in search of the innovative kind of things ”You didn’t think about but can’t live without”.
The ambition is to:
- Create a premium brand identity of industrialized buildings
- Use mass customization to provide more choice and identity than ordinary buildings
- Use automated tools and rapid prototyping to provide components in artistic shapes
- Use high tech to provide high performance components
- Introduce the “Dell of housing”, the missing link between consumers and component industry
Project will use the computer age technology to produce better houses with enhanced user centered performance and low life cycle cost, rather than compete on discount price.
Recently held Nordic Workshops: